Monthly Archives:February 2020

ByVidPolit

Новий обмін утримуваними хочуть провести до зустрічі «нормандської четвірки» – Пристайко

«Цього разу вдалося більш-менш досягти прогресу хіба що в обміні людей»

your ad herer
ByVidPolit

ВР продовжить розгляд поправок до законопроєкту про ринок землі

Верховна Рада України у вівторок збереться на засідання, головним питанням якого стане продовження розгляду поправок до законопроєкту «Про внесення змін до деяких законодавчих актів України щодо обігу земель сільськогосподарського призначення». На другому читанні цього документа депутати зупинилися 7 лютого.

Як йдеться у порядку денному пленарного засідання 18 лютого, для включення на розгляд пропонується законопроєкт про допуск підрозділів збройних сил інших держав на територію України у 2020 році для участі у багатонаціональних навчаннях, а також друге читання змін до закону про запобігання корупції.

13 листопада 2019 року Верховна Рада ухвалила в першому читанні законопроєкт «Про внесення змін до деяких законодавчих актів щодо обігу земель сільськогосподарського призначення», яким пропонується запровадити ринок землі в Україні з 1 жовтня 2020 року. До проєкту закону було подано понад 4 тисяч поправок. Раніше в аграрному комітеті Ради ці поправки назвали «законодавчим спамом».

 

your ad herer
ByVidWorld

UN: Impact of Long Libya War on Civilians is ‘Incalculable’

The U.N humanitarian coordinator for Libya said Monday the impact of the country’s nine-year war on civilians “is incalculable,” pointing to its intensity escalating “exponentially” since a rebel commander launched an offensive last April, casualties rising and almost 900,000 people now needing assistance.

Yacoub El Hillo said a 55-point road map for ending the war in Libya which was agreed to by 12 key leaders at a conference in Berlin on Jan. 19, endorsed last week by the U.N. Security Council, and reaffirmed at a meeting in Munich on Sunday has seen “serious violations” in the last 10 days, with new strikes in and around the capital Tripoli.

El Hillo, who is also the U.N. deputy representative for the oil-rich North African country, said in a briefing to journalists by video from Tripoli that the protracted conflict is “severely impacting civilians in all parts of the country on a scale never seen before.’’

The Berlin peace plan backed a cease-fire, called for compliance with a U.N. arms embargo, and said all countries must refrain from interfering in the conflict between the U.N.-recognized government and the rebel forces of self-styled Gen. Khalifa Hifter, and the country’s internal affairs.

On a potentially positive note, a Joint Military Commission comprising representatives of the warring parties is scheduled to begin a second round of talks Tuesday in Geneva under U.N. auspices, with the aim of agreeing to a lasting cease-fire.

The first meeting of a Libyan Political Forum aimed at forming a new government has also been scheduled for Feb. 26 in Geneva.

Libya has been in turmoil since 2011, when a civil war toppled longtime dictator Moammar Gadhafi, who was later killed. In the chaos that followed the country was divided.

A weak U.N.-recognized administration that holds the capital of Tripoli and parts of the country’s west is backed by Turkey, which recently sent thousands of soldiers and military equipment to Libya, and to a lesser degree Qatar and Italy as well as local militias.

On the other side is a rival government in the east that supports self-styled Gen. Khalifa Hifter, whose forces launched an offensive to capture the capital last April 4 and are backed by the United Arab Emirates and Egypt as well as France and Russia.

U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has decried violations of the U.N. embargo since the Berlin conference by supporters of the warring sides.

El Hillo said “the increasing use of explosive weapons has resulted in unnecessary loss of life.” pointing to attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure, particularly health facilities, that have doubled since 2019, resulting in at least 650 civilians killed or injured.

He cited a U.N. mine expert in Libya who said last week that the country has the world’s largest uncontrolled ammunition stockpile, with an estimated 150,000 to 200,000 tons of uncontrolled munitions across the country.

Libya “is also the largest theater for drone technology,” El Hillo said, stressing that “everyone has something flying in the Libyan sky, it seems.’’

Turkey’s recent move into Libya in “a very heavy way militarily speaking” was to support the government “and create a balance of power so that the capital does not fall,” he said.

On the other side, El Hillo cited reports of the UAE financing Chinese-made drones and the Jordanian government selling six drones to Hifter’s forces.

“Unless we speak so bluntly and openly, … unless we start naming and shaming, we will have the resolutions but the reality on the ground will remain appalling, especially for civilians, and particularly for children and for women,” El Hillo said.

At the end of 2019, he said, more than 345,000 people had fled their homes and become displaced, including 150,000 in and around Tripoli since Hifter’s offensive began last April.

More than half the nearly 900,000 people in need of humanitarian assistance are women and children, he said, and more than 30 percent are migrants and refugees.

El Hillo said the lengthy conflict has degraded services including health care, education an, garbage collection – and he warned that if electricity fails there will soon be “a water crisis” because the water plants require electricity.

Libya is also facing a severe cash shortage, El Hillo said.

With oil exports reduced from 1.2 million barrels per day three weeks ago to almost nothing today, he said, the situation is worsening with two commercial banks on the verge of collapse and people having great difficulty accessing their deposits in the bank. Humanitarian organizations are also facing financial difficulties, he said.

your ad herer
ByVidPolit

Бойовики минулої доби 8 разів відкривали вогонь на Донбасі, втрат у ЗСУ немає – штаб ООС

У штабі операції Об’єднаних сил повідомили, що підтримувані Росією бойовики на Донбасі минулої доби вісім разів відкривали вогонь в бік позицій Збройних сил України, жоден український військовий не постраждав.

«Противник обстріляв наші позиції із заборонених Мінськими домовленостями мінометів калібру 120 та 82 міліметри, а також гранатометів різних систем та великокаліберних кулеметів», – повідомили у штабі.

Згідно з повідомленням, з початку поточної доби бойовики вогневої активності не проявляли, втрат серед українських військових немає.

Бойовики угруповання «ЛНР» звинувачують українських військових у одному обстрілі за минулу добу захоплених сепаратистами територій, в угрупованні «ДНР» зведених даних не надають.

Збройний конфлікт на Донбасі триває від 2014 року після російської окупації Криму. Україна і Захід звинувачують Росію у збройній підтримці бойовиків. Кремль відкидає ці звинувачення і заявляє, що на Донбасі можуть перебувати хіба що російські «добровольці».

За даними ООН, від березня 2014-го до 31 жовтня 2019 року внаслідок збройного конфлікту на Донбасі загинули 13 000 – 13 200 людей.

 

 

your ad herer
ByVidWorld

Federal Judges to Hold Emergency Meeting on Trump Admin Interference in Politically Sensitive Cases

A national association of federal judges will hold an emergency meeting Wednesday after Justice Department officials intervened in the case involving a close confident of U.S. President Donald Trump.

The head of the independent Federal Judges Association, District Judge Cynthia Rufe, tells VOA the judges are “concerned about the attacks on individual judges” and it will be the main issue to be discussed.

Rufe declined to give any more details, but said the jurists “could not wait” until their spring meeting.

The Justice Department stunned the political and legal community last week when it overruled its own prosecutors and recommended a lighter prison sentence for Roger Stone — a longtime friend and confident of Trump who was convicted on lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice stemming from the Russian election meddling probe.

Prosecutors in the case had recommended seven to nine years prison time for Stone — a recommendation based on sentencing guidelines for such crimes.

But the Justice Department recommended a lighter sentence after Trump complained in a tweet that the seven to nine years would be “horrible” and “unfair.”

Three prosecutors in the Stone case withdrew and a fourth quit the agency altogether.

Stone is to be sentenced Thursday and it is up to Judge Amy Berman Jackson to decide how long he is to be locked up.

This courtroom sketch shows former campaign adviser for President Donald Trump, Roger Stone talking from the witness stand as Judge Amy Berman Jackson listens during a court hearing at the U.S. District Courthouse in Washington, Feb. 21, 2019.

Jackson has scheduled a Tuesday conference call with attorneys in the Roger Stone case, two days before the former Trump associate is set to be sentenced.

Former President Barack Obama appointed Judge Jackson and Trump has been notoriously critical of many decisions and policies made by his predecessor. Trump complained last week about Jackson’s decision to jail former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in solitary confinement and not to try to prosecute former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Judge Rufe says the Federal Judges’ Association has no interest in getting involved in the Stone case, but does support Jackson.

“We are supportive of any federal judge who does what is required,” she said.

The Roger Stone case has raised questions in Congress about political interference in what is historically suppose to be an independent judiciary.

Trump congratulated Attorney General William Barr last week for “taking charge” of the Stone case. But both deny that Trump asked Barr to intervene.

Barr is scheduled to appear before Congress next month.

More than 2,000 former Justice Department officials have called on Barr to resign, saying his handling of the Stone case “openly and repeatedly flouted” the independence of the judicial branch.

Barr told ABC News last week that Trump’s tweets “make it impossible for him to do his job,” saying he will not be “bullied or influenced by anybody, whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president.”   

your ad herer
ByVidkryti

Кремлевская неизбежность: Эффект маятника или “обратки”

Кремлевская неизбежность: Эффект маятника или “обратки”
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 

your ad herer
ByVidkryti

Россия лишилась первого места на Олимпиаде в Сочи

Россия лишилась первого места на Олимпиаде в Сочи.

Наши геополитические успехи продолжаются. На этот раз россия лишилась первого места в медальном зачете на играх в Сочи и теперь занимает 3-е место. Наша олимпиада это – пожалуй лучшая иллюстрация, что из себя представляет нынешний режим, потратили 50 млрд, а получили мировой позор, который ранее никто не испытывал
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 

your ad herer
ByVidkryti

Конституционная паранойя: пукин продолжает кормить россиян бредовыми идеями, желая удержать власть

Конституционная паранойя: Путин продолжает кормить россиян бредовыми идеями, желая удержать власть.

Кремль не скрывает своих намерений изменить конституцию независимо от мнения россиян. Так называемый «референдум» на самом деле лишь ширма. Депутат от госдумы Валерий Гартунг заявил, что голосование россиян по вопросу изменения конституции не имеет юридической силы.

Еще лучше демонстрирует желание власти наплевать на существующие законы слова Эллы Памфиловой. Председатель Центризбиркома, которая, казалось бы, должна особо пристально следить за соблюдением всех процедур и ратовать за строгое следование букве закона, предложила назвать изменения конституции «эксклюзивной, разовой акцией».

«Я думала о терминах, чтобы не было путаницы. Давайте введем термин эксклюзивная, разовая, уникальная акция, чтобы не было путаницы, чтобы не было ссылок на действующее законодательство», – заявила Памфилова.
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 

your ad herer
ByVidWorld

First Russian Citizen is Diagnosed With COVID-19

A Russian woman aboard the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan has become the first Russian citizen to be diagnosed with COVID-19, Russia said Monday.

The woman on the ship will be transferred to a hospital and receive treatment, the Russian Embassy in Japan said in its Facebook posting. It wasn’t immediately clear whether that would be in Russia or Japan.

The virus, which emerged in central China in December, has infected 454 people on that particular cruise ship. Globally, the virus has infected more than 71,000 people, killing 1,770 patients in mainland China and five others elsewhere. China has instituted strict lockdown measures on over 60 million people in central Hubei province.

In January, Russia reported two confirmed cases of COVID-19 and hospitalized two Chinese citizens, who have since recovered.

Since the start of the coronavirus outbreak, the Russian government has halted most of its air traffic to China. All trains connecting Russia to China and North Korea have been suspended and the Russian land border with China and Mongolia is closed.

Moscow has temporarily stopped issuing work visas to Chinese citizens and Chinese students who had left for the Lunar New Year vacation have been asked not to resume their studies in Russian universities until March 1.

Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin has said that Russia may start deporting foreigners infected with the virus.

your ad herer